sirius xm ttr1



Sirius TTR1 Tabletop Internet Radio (Black)
The SIRIUS Tabletop Internet Radio (TTR1) is stylish and convenient way to bring SIRIUS XM's Premium Online content to the home or office using a wired or wireless high-speed Internet connection. The full-featured TTR1 is easy to set up and use, offering a complete listening solution for subscribers who want to use their high-speed Internet connection to access SIRIUS XM's online channels without the need for a computer. The TTR1 has a unique interface that includes a network connection wizard that walks users through a few simple steps to set up and access the Premium Online channels through their wired or wireless high-speed Internet connection.

Great Radio....slow Buffer
I recently purchased this product because I am living in the UK for a couple years and Siruis isn't available anywhere but the US mainland. I had to figure out a way to get this because I can't imagine not having Sirius radio to listen to. This radio is fantastic, the display is great and very well organized, although I wish it was blue instead of amber. All the features were very well thought out.

The dual alarms are very convenient and you can choose between a buzzer (which can be set VERY loud) or any Sirius channel. You can set the sleep timer in 5min intervals and the alarm can be set once, daily or weekdays only. It is very easy and simple to set up, you plug it in and then type in your router password and Sirius login info, takes about 2min. The sound is very good, especially for the size of the radio, it is clear and powerful and there are a few different equalizer settings. It works well in the bedroom as an alarm clock or in the living room and is great if you have people over. I dont have the best internet speed where I live but it doesnt phase this radio, no breaks in sound and it is CD quality sound. It also doesnt slow down your internet while it's on. You can set the clock to automatically keep time or manually and you can pick time zones and DST. There is a parental control if you need it.

The radio itself is very sturdy and well built, feels very solid. There is one line out and one aux in connection on the left side of the radio. The radio sits great on any flat surface (desk, nightstand, etc.). The only 3 slightly negative things I have to say about this radio is that 1.

The buffer time - usually takes about 10sec or so to buffer so if you are trying to switch between stations until you hear a song you like be be prepared to wait on the buffer, but this is to be expected i guess with any internet radio. 2. the size - it is definitely not a compact radio, it will take up your whole nightstand, i was hoping it would be a little smaller however it's not heavy at all if you need to carry it around. 3. no battery option, (and by the way this radio is not dual voltage, 110v only so if you live overseas you need a step down transformer) i wish there was a place for some batteries, even if it was just for backup so you didnt have to reset the clock every time you unplugged it. All in all, this is an outstanding radio and i couldnt have asked for much more.

**Update**: This radio IS in fact Dual Voltage, if you pop off the back cover, there is a port for ethernet and a toggle switch for 110v or 220v.



Audiovox SCH1 Sirius Connect Tuner Receiver
This SiriusConnect Home solution is a compact component that seamlessly integrates into any Sirius-Ready home audio system. It offers both analog and digital output.The SCH1 is compatible with Sirius Ready AV receivers, radios and multiroom audio systems from leading manufacturers. Click on each logo above to find out more. (Note that the SCH1P2 kit is required for systems using an RS232 interface.) Compact size seamlessly integrates into any home audio system Analog and digital audio outputs Display indicator for power and signal status Compatible with SIRIUS RG6 coax cable signal distribution systems Connects to any Sirius-Ready home audio component Available professional install kits for compatibility with multi-room audio systems and other RS232 applicationsIncludes:SiriusConnect Home tuner Weatherproof Indoor/Outdoor Antenna with 21-foot cableAC Adapter8-Pin DIN Cable

Great way to add trouble free music to your home
I have SiriusXM radio in my car, and when I got a new tuner/receiver for my vacation home, I wanted to have a easy way to have music play all the time. I could have connected my MP3 player to the tuner, but I'd have to get the playlists set up, and get everything sycned up. All I wanted was easy, simple music to play.

When I bought my receiver, I noticed that it said "Sirius Ready" -- I accidently purchased a "XM" antenna/tuner, which I returned. After some research I found this, which has the proper connector for a "Sirius Ready" tuner/amp.

I live in a somewhat wooded area, and I have had no major issues with satellite reception. I have placed the antenna on the window sill which has a partially obstructed view of the sky. I may get reception issues at most 2 times per day which usually last about 15-30 seconds long, and this is with playing music about 6-8 hours per day.

The device is simple to set up. Plug in the power, plug in the antenna, place the antenna in view of the sky, plug into the receiver/amp. The account set up was also easy, and the time from unboxing to enjoying music was about 10 minutes.

In addition to the account for this device, I opted to get the internet music service as well, and I'm glad I did -- It is great for listing to music at work, and there is an app to use the internet music service for iOS and Android as well.

I have a lot of friends that have complicated MP3 player, media storage rigs, and all kinds of whacky setups for their music. I chose this for having something simple that I can just turn on and enjoy music.



Tivoli Model Satellite Table Radio (Sirius Satellite Radio / AM / FM )

Tivoli Audio introduces the world’s first satellite table radio designed exclusively for home use with built in SIRIUS Satellite Radio. The new Model Satellite radio is designed by Tivoli Audio CEO, Tom DeVesto, and is based on the popular, award-winning

Best of the Satellite-Compatible Radios
I have no doubt that one reason for the slow adoption of Satellite Radio by consumers is the lousy hardware. I mean, what are they thinking? The collection of products for both Sirius and XM looks like the over-designed, comic book props in Star Wars movies. They're totally dysfunctional. Nothing as elegant as an iPod, with the possible exception of Pioneer's portable radios for XM. Even the car radio's are clunky.

The Tivoli Model Satellite is the one exception to the ugly, under-performing Satellite Radio rule. The sound is about as good as it gets. Indeed, almost too good since it really points up the excessive compression used by both satellite and commercial FM broadcasters. You won't notice this difference until you play an uncompressed CD or MP3 file from your iPod through the AUX port on the Tivoli. Wow! What an amazing sound out of such small speakers. And I don't even have the subwoofer speaker accessory.

The Sirius section works great. It's easy to program. It's got a great "Memo" feature to capture the name and artist of 20 songs you'd like to look up later.

I did invest in a serious outdoor Sirius Antenna prior to the arrival of the Tivoli, so it was just a matter of plugging it in. The FM and AM sections worked fine without any external antennas. It's impressive that they include a serious external AM antenna - something I haven't seen packaged with table radios since the 1970s, and then only expensive "audiophile" models.

As noted by others, the Satellite and AM/FM functions aren't at all integrated. This is basically the Tivoli Model 1 with a Satellite function tacked on as an afterthought.

The huge, bright, multi-line display is awesome at providing all of the information you want at a glance, with a minimal amount of annoying left-to-right scrolling. While the display does automatically adjust to ambient light (a feature that can be turned off and on) it may be too bright for the bedside table for some people.

The Tivoli Model Satellite is to radio what a beautiful 52" flat panel plasma display is to HDTV. It's the best audio you can get for satellite, possibly short of a console deck connected to studio monitors. But, again, given the various compression artifacts on Satellite radio (and the compression is often horrible on talk-only channels) this may be about as good as you dare get.

Unless you have space limitations, it's kind of a waste to spend so much money on a radio only to have mono sound, so plan on buying the (right channel) speaker for stereo.

I have no problem that they didn't include a CD player. An integrated mechanical device would only shorten the useful life of the unit. As just a radio it should last 10-20 years if you're trying to justify the high price tag.

Will Sirius be around in 10-20 years? I don't know. We also hear talk of HD radio coming to AM/FM (but then we've heard about HDTV for 20 years too and it's still not here).

At this price point, it would have been nice if there's been a time-shift feature, sort of a digital VCR (DVR) feature to record shows you want to hear later.

The remote is pretty awful for such an expensive radio, it's just a cheap "membrane" type remote. Inexplicably I got a real remote with my Kenwood Sirius car radio (what good a remote does in the car is beyond me).

Let's hope with the merger of the two satellite services they make more of an effort to create better looking, more functional hardware AND clean up their sound quality. I'd rather they have half as many channels with better sound and produce better programs that are re-run several times a day.

0 People Comment: